Thanks to the cooling effects of a unique misting system. Homeowners are finally able to enjoy their outdoor living spaces comfortably! The TrueFog high pressure misting system creates a cool mist or fog that can cool as much as 30 degrees. It has been installed at Disney World, Sea World, restaurants and many fine homes.
How does it work?
- When the fog rolls in, it cools down. Once the fog burns off, the temperature goes back up.
- Have you ever noticed how much cooler it is standing next to a fountain on a hot day?
- If you ever worn a wet T-shirt on a hot and windy day, you know how effective evaporate cooling is.
- Your body is an excellent example of evaporative cooling – when you sweat your body is cooling itself.
Water is forced through our specially designed nozzles as a microfine mist. Almost instantly, the mist evaporates, removing the heat and odors, airborne particles, even insects from the air. Outdoor temperatures can be reduced up to 25 degrees using only a few gallons of water an hour. Misting results in a safer, cleaner environment and provides a more relaxing, cooled surrounding.
Evaporative Cooling Principle
“Flash Evaporation” occurs when water is forced through micro nozzles, creating a super fine mist.
The smaller each water droplet, the more surface area per gallon of water and the more effectively the water evaporates. As the superfine water droplets are introduced into the atmosphere, they quickly absorb the heat present in the environment and evaporate, hence the air is cooled.
Here’s why we use High Pressure Mist System
High pressure systems produce the finest waters droplet size available. The water droplets are smaller in size than both low and medium pressure system combined. The smaller the water droplet size the faster the evaporation rate and the greater the degree of cooling performance. Heliocol uses the highest priced system in the product line.
What to Expect:
- There is a high pressure pump module involved in this system (water source is straight from the garden hose bib which is then connected to the high pressure pump module).
- Water pressure coming from high pressure pump module is 800 to 1200 psi.
- Mist lines can be:
- flexible nylon tubing (least expensive)
- copper tubing (medium priced)
- stainless steel tubing (most expensive)
- Wind Direction